A conference on Nordic Intercultural Communication will be held at the University of Iceland 26-28 November 2014, as part of the network Nordic Intercultural Communication (NIC).
The NIC 2014 conference will discuss Intercultural Communication from various standpoints, such as :
- Intercultural Communication in Academia
- Language, Culture and Communication within the Nordic Region
- Intercultural Communication and Translation
Other topics and themes related to intercultural communication are also welcome.
Those who wish to participate are invited to submit their abstracts (max. 300 words) before 1 October 2014 to email@example.com
Keynote speakers are:
- Daniel Everett, Professor of Sociology and Global Studies, Dean of Arts and Sciences at Bentley University, Waltham, Massachusetts.
- Andreas F Kelletat, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. mult. at Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, Germersheim, Germany.
- Karen Risager, Professor Emerita at the University of Roskilde, Denmark.
For abstracts of the keynote lectures and other information, please consult the conference website, http://conference.hi.is/nic-2014/