The Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute of Foreign Languages organized a conference on Nordic Intercultural Communication on 26-28 November 2014, as part of the network Nordic Intercultural Communication (NIC). The conference venue was The Radisson Blu Saga Hotel.
The NIC 2014 conference discussed Intercultural Communication from various standpoints, such as:
- Intercultural Communication in Academia
- Language, Culture and Communication within the Nordic Region
- Intercultural Communication and Translation
Keynote speakers were:
- Daniel Everett, Professor of Sociology and Global Studies, Dean of Arts and Sciences at Bentley University, Waltham, Massachusetts.
- Andreas F Kelletat, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. mult. at Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, Germersheim, Germany.
- Karen Risager, Professor Emerita at the University of Roskilde, Denmark.
The conference was organized by the Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute of Foreign Languages at the University of Iceland, with support from The Clara Lachmann Foundation and the Centre for Research in the Humanities at the University of Iceland.
For program and further information, please consult the conference website: www.conference.hi.is/nic-2014/