A delegation from the Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Poland, visited the Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute of Foreign Languages and the Faculty of Foreign Languages, Literatures and Linguistics on 21-25 November 2016 in order to establish cooperation between the Jagiellonian University and the University of Iceland.
Participants of the visit were:
1. Alicja Waligóra-Zblewska – Deputy Academic Director, Senior English Language Lecturer
2. Jolanta Rutkowska – English Language Lecturer
3. Magdalena Klimala - Administrative Specialist for Student Affairs
4. Małgorzata Kwiatkowska – Secretariat Coordinator
5. Małgorzata Kręcioch – Spanish Language Lecturer
6. Jolanta Śniechowska – Deputy Head of English Section, Senior English Language Lecturer
7. Maciej Wzorek – English Language Lecturer, Commercial Courses Coordinator
The delegation was invited to attend courses given by Hólmfríður Garðarsdóttir, Professor of Spanish, Mami Nagai, Exchange Lecturer of Japanese, and Monika Sienkiewicz, Polish teacher. In addition, the delegation had meetings and working sessions with Auður Hauksdóttir, Professor of Danish and Director of the Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute, Guðrún Björk Guðsteinsdóttir, Professor of English, Erlendína Kristjánsdóttir, English teacher, Eiríkur Smári Sigurðarson, Director of Research at the School of Humanities, Eyjólfur Már Sigurðsson, Director of the Language Centre of the Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute, Bernharð Antoniussen, Project Manager of the Faculty of Foreign Languages, Literatures and Linguistics, and Guðrún Kristinsdóttir, Project Manager of the Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute.
This visit is hopefully the start of a fruitful cooperation between the two universities.