The Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute enjoys the consulting of international experts who provide advice preparing and developping the activities of the Vigdís International Centre of Multilingualism and Intercultural Understanding. The meetings are funded with support from by the Riksbankens Jubileumsfond.
Members since 2008:
- Anju Saxena, Professor of Linguistics at the University of Uppsala, Sweden
- Peter Austin, Professor of Linguistics at SOAS University of London
- Bernard Comrie, Professor of Linguistics at the University of California, Santa Barbara
- Jens Allwood, Professor of Linguistics at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Members since 2015:
- Lars Borin, Professor of Natural Language Processing at the University of Gothenburg and Director of Språkbanken
- Anne Holmen, Professor at the University of Copenhagen en Director of the Centre for Internationalisation and Parallel Language Use
- Kristján Árnason, Professor of Icelandic at the University of Iceland
International Advisory Board Meeting 11-12 September 2015
The board members discussed the decision taken by the Board of the Vigdís International Centre of Multilingualism and Intercultural Understanding to focus on the theme "Language and Culture Contact in the West Nordic Region" for the Centre´s first years of activitiy. They discussed the development of international research networks and grant proposals to international funds.
Photos taken on this occasion.