The members of the board of the Vigdís International Centre for Multilingualism and Intercultural Understanding are:
Appointed from UNESCO:
Ms. Irmgarda Kasinskaite
Appointed from the Icelandic UNESCO committee:
- Dr. Eiríkur Smári Sigurðsson, Director of Research, School of Humanities, University of Iceland
Appointed from the Minister of Education and Culture:
- Dr. Guðrún Kvaran, Professor emerita of Icelandic
Appointed from the Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute:
- Dr. Auður Hauksdóttir, Professor of Danish, Chair
- Dr. Ásdís R. Magnúsdóttir, Professor of French
- Dr. Þórhallur Eyþórsson, Professor of English
Dr. Auður Hauksdóttir is the Chair of the board.
In a meeting of the board of the Vigdís International Centre on 9 October 2017, it was decided to appoint a Standing Executive Committee to ensure the effective running of the Centre between sessions. This is in accordance with Article 9 in the contract between the Government of Iceland and UNESCO, as well as the Rules and Procedures for the Centre. The Executive Committee comprises of Dr. Guðrún Kvaran, Dr. Auður Hauksdóttir, Dr. Ásdís R. Magnúsdóttir, Dr. Þórhallur Eyþórsson and Dr. Sebastian Drude.
Board meeting minutes