We warmly invite your submissions to this Special Issue of Publications,which will showcase selected contributions to the fourth PRISEAL Conference—Publishing and Presenting Research Internationally: Issues for Speakers of English as an Additional Language, plus additional papers that contribute substantially to the conference themes.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- academic publishing issues (e.g., advantages and limitations of open-access vs. commercial publishers; predatory journals and publishers)
- the geopolitics of academic writing (e.g., dominance of English, epistemicide, English as a Lingua Franca)
- academic ethics from a cross-cultural perspective (e.g., plagiarism and academic integrity)
- the process of writing for publication
- translation and editing in the academic context
- assessing and teaching English for research and publication purposes
- peer-review in intercultural and multilingual contexts
In terms of the genre, contributions can be think-pieces, theoretical discussions, research reports with empirical data, or reviews of relevant literature that lead to new insights for the field.
Further information HERE