The second transnational project meeting was held in Reykjavík on 16-17 September, 2016. The main focus of this meeting was on the lexicographical work on the Icelandic‑French on-line dictionary but a session was devoted to the organisation and planning of the teaching at Sorbonne University in spring semester 2017. An important part of the project is the organisation of courses in lexicography, both at the University of Iceland (fall 2016 and fall 2017) and at Sorbonne University (spring 2017 and spring 2018).
The editorial meetings began with a brief update on the work’s progress. The organisation of the work ahead was then discussed and objectives set for January 2017. Theoretical and methodological challenges faced by lexicographers working on a target language in an electronic dictionary were presented and debated upon and various problems encountered when working on the target language, French, were discussed. Furthermore the editorial meetings permitted to coordinate the presentation of different types of information in the dictionary. The group seized this important chance to discuss and to share their experiences with the help of usefool tools for lexicographical work, both on corpora and dictionaries.
The participants were the following:
- Þórdís Úlfarsdóttir, Chief Editor, Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies, University of Iceland.
- Rósa E. Davíðsdóttir, Project Manager and Editor, Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute of Foreign Languages, University of Iceland.
- Jean-Christophe Salaün, translator working on the Icelandic-French on-line dictionary, Université Paris-Sorbonne – Paris IV.
- Karl Gadelii, Professor of Linguistics, Université Paris-Sorbonne – Paris IV, in charge of a course in Lexicography at University of Iceland (fall semester 2016).
- François Heenen, Adjunct Lecturer of French and contributor to the lexicographical work, University of Iceland.
- Áslaug Marínósdóttir, an experienced linguist who will be working on the Icelandic-French on-line dictionary from October 1st 2016, University of Iceland. Áslaug worked on the French-Icelandic Dictionary published in 1995.
- Anna H. Hannesdóttir, Professor of Nordic Languages at the University of Gothenburg and Director of the Lexicographical Institute, University of Gothenburg, advisor on the work on the target language.
- Halla Helgadóttir, Adjunct Lecturer of Icelandic, contributing to the lexicographical work on behalf of the University of Gothenburg.
Other staff members are Halldóra Jónsdóttir, Project Manager at the Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies and Guðrún Kristinsdóttir, Project Manager at the Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute of Foreign Languages.