Ann-Sofie Nielsen Gremaud has been appointed as the new Chair of the governing body of Vigdís International Centre, replacing Ásdís Rósa Magnúsdóttir, who was Chairperson from May 2018 until end of December 2021.
Ann-Sofie Nielsen Gremaud is associate professor of Danish language at the University of Iceland and previously taught at the University of Copenhagen and the University of Nuuk. She earned her doctoral degree in Visual Culture at the University of Copenhagen in 2012 and MA degree in Nordic literature, languages and art theory at Aarhus University in 2007. Ann-Sofie’s research interests have mainly included the cultural history of the West-Nordic countries, Danish-Icelandic relations from a colonial and crypto-colonial point of view, and climate change in modern Icelandic art.
The current governing body of the Vigdís International Centre consists of the following members:
- Ann-Sofie Nielsen Gremaud, Chair, Associate Professor of Danish language, appointed by the University of Iceland,
- Geir Sigurðsson, Professor of Chinese Studies, appointed by the University of Iceland,
- Guðrún Kvaran, Professor emerita of Icelandic language at the University of Iceland, appointed by the Ministry of Education and Culture,
- Irmgarda Kasinskaite, a Programme Specialist in the Communication and Information Sector of UNESCO, appointed by the Director-General of UNESCO,
- Sofiya Zahova, Research Specialist, appointed by the University of Iceland,Skoða færsluna
- Sæunn Stefánsdóttir, Director of University of Iceland’s Institute of Research Centres, appointed by the Icelandic UNESCO-committee.