In collaboration with University of Iceland and The Árni Magnússon Institute, The Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute of Foreign Languages is happy to host the 15th conference on Nordic Languages as a Second Language, NORDAND 15.
The conference, which will be held 24-26 May 2022 at the University of Iceland, covers Nordic languages as a second or a foreign language as well as plurilingualism in the Nordic countries.
Potential themes could include:
- Second language acquisition: language attitudes, language ideologies, language policy,
- Theory, learning, teaching dialogue
- Professionalism in the education and professional development of language teachers: literacy, language in the curriculum, language learning in the field, language learning for professional purposes/practices,
- Diversity in languages and culture: languages in communication and mediation; otherness; subcultures and language; translanguaging; heteroglossia,
- Digital work- and learning environment: language learning on the go,
- Learning autonomy – student-led learning: advantages and challenges.
Contributions from seasoned scholars as well as from students and practitioners interested in the various aspects of culture and communication are encouraged.
The conference will also include session papers, poster presentations, and round table discussions
Please send by end of 1 November 2021:
- Full name
- Job title
- Contact information (Email address and phone number)
- Title + abstract in English or Scandinavian language (max 400 words)
- Send your proposal in a Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org / Subject: NORDAND15 Proposal
Note that applicants can send individual entries or apply for a panel with up to 5 participants.
Please visit the conference website for all further information.